Friday, February 20, 2015

Only a busy person can find the time

My grandmother once said something that has stuck with me. Admittedly, she was being nice to me, for she was very fond of me. I had recently graduated from college and she had bought 2 tickets to a Shivkumar Sharma concert as a graduation gift. I had washed the car and driven over to pick her up when, in her Queen's English, she thanked me for making the time to go with her. I said it was my pleasure and that I would always have the time to go with her. And she said, "You are most kind. But I know that only a busy person can find the time."

I have realized over the years, the wisdom of her words. Trying to get a procrastinator to do something is about as difficult as trying to wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

So how do busy people find the time for all those things they manage to do?

That is a post for tomorrow.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess efficiency of doing work is proportional to how busy your schedule is. Hence I feel keeping busy not only makes it possible to do more work, but also makes it possible to do work at a faster pace.