Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day

I figured out today is father's day. It was Google that told me so - with their father's day doodle.

I remember watching an episode of 'The Cosby show' where Bill Cosby said it very succinctly. For mother's day, the kids will borrow money from dad to buy those ear-rings that mom had said she loved. Or to buy her that new dress. For father's day, if they remember at all, they get him a key-chain.

That's how kids work. But I am not complaining, for there is a flip side to this. They don't expect much of dad. As long as fathers fulfill their duty as the kiddie ATM, everything is good. Consider the questions they ask moms when they get home or need something. "Where is my whatchacallit? Where is my lunch? The teacher has asked us to bring this to school tomorrow. I need a new pair of shoes."

On the other hand, there is only one question they ask dad. "Where's mom?"

No comments: