Sunday, July 19, 2015

Just desserts

The two things on my must try list on the recently concluded jaunt were the Almdudler and the Sachertorte. While I loved the Almdudler, I have to be honest and say here that the Sachertorte did not quite float my boat. No matter, for these folks have perfected a wide array of dessert items that have helped make my sculpted body go rather portly in just a few days.

You must partake of the apfelstrudle mit eis, apple pie a la mode for the anglophiles among you; but then one can get a mean apple pie in Mumbai too at Theobroma. The item that had me in rapture was their biscuit cake with vanilla pudding prepared with just a dash of rum and a hint of banana cream.

I had once heard a description on a travel show of how to enjoy a good meringue and I believe those instructions are so apt here, that I am going to reproduce them here in preparation for the time you chance upon biscuit cake with vanilla pudding.

You take small spoonful of the pie and place the spoon upon your tongue; at which time you close your mouth and slowly extract the spoon leaving the warm vanilla pudding swirling around your tongue. To truly enjoy the experience, it is mandatory to close your eyes, roll up your eyeballs and go, "Mmm - mmm - mmm." Then you appreciate the delicate aroma of the vanilla and try not to get distracted by the rum as the flavor of the fruit lingers on your palate. Swallow very slowly and repeat.

Are you salivating yet?

No comments: