Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Wearing a tie and doing it right.

We visited a Business School campus for recruitment the other day and among the candidates were a few guys who insisted on wearing their tie loose around their neck with the collar open. And this is for the interview.

Call me old fashioned, but this seemed a little callous. Perhaps they did not want the job and the college insisted that they apply, but they said they really wanted to work for an analytics company. I suggested they could take off the jacket and tie but they said they were comfortable.

I wonder what it takes for MBAs to take a hint.

2 comments:

Mohit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohit said...

It also gets to me when people turn up with Half-Windsor knots. I'd much rather have them not wear neck ties than have samosas dangling in one direction