Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Your calling

During the course of my teaching at B Schools, usually after class when I am chatting with students, a question that comes up with regularity is, "How do I find my calling?" I find myself forever in awe of the 24 year-olds who are already contemplating this problem. At that age, the question I was grappling with was no loftier than, "How do I make more money?" or at best, "What do I want to do for a living?"

There is perhaps no silver bullet, no framework, no template, to find the answer to this question, but here is the closest I got to a process that might work. Actually it is more a question to ponder over. My personal experience is that one's answer to this question evolves over time - so you might want to stick with it.

Ponder this: What would you do if / when money is no object?

No comments: