Tuesday, April 7, 2015

High beam

While driving home late last night, I was bothered by a number of vehicles were driving with their high-beams on. After flashing my own high beam at them, some of them would switch to a lower beam, but others seemed oblivious. As I cursed them, I started to notice their vehicle registration plates. Interestingly, most of the errant drivers were driving cars with yellow registration plates, i.e. these were the 'For hire' vehicles.

Got me wondering if they have a different driving school that teaches them to indulge in this misdemeanour. I guess the simpler answer is that the drivers of these vehicles are not as educated and not as concerned about displaying civilized behaviour towards other users of the road.

Leads to strengthening my belief that the penalty for any misdemeanour needs to be large enough to be a deterrent.

No comments: