Thursday, April 30, 2015

When spending goes awry

I was at the Sahara Star hotel in Mumbai a couple of weeks ago for a meeting. After the meeting, I visited the men's room before my drive back to Pune. As I stood there getting my work done, I noticed there was a TV screen before me with the channel set to one of the equity / stock market shows. As I watched the Sensex, and the Nifty and the FTSE and the HangSeng and the Nikkei scroll across the bottom of the screen, I wondered if I should wait for it to get to the US $ rates since I was expecting an incoming remittance the next day. I decided against it, for the rate would change by then anyway. I looked to the left and noticed that the next stand had another TV, set to the sports channel, and the one over was set to some travel show. I guess I should choose my destination carefully in this restroom the next time I am here. No point wasting a great opportunity to catch my favourite TV show. And what happens when you find yourself watching the last over in a T20 match? Do you just stay there? Does a line form behind you, all craning to see?

You know a business group is going downhill when they start running out of ideas on how to invest their money.

If you catch yourself thinking that you need to install a TV in your toilet, you might want to revisit how you got that far.

No comments: