Saturday, October 17, 2015

Motorbike

There are a couple of things I have not done since my college days. Riding a motorcycle is one of them and I have been missing it more than a little in the recent past. So despite concerns expressed by my significant other and suggestions from my daughter that my yearning for a motorcycle was probably just a manifestation of a mid-life crisis, I drove to a dealership a few days ago with chequebook in hand and had a sportbike delivered the same evening. I had to wait a few days for it to be registered and I could finally take it out for a spin this morning.

It has been an exhilarating experience and I am seriously considering commuting to work at least once a week on the new bike. My family believes I will grow out of the enthusiasm in a few days and my son is keeping a watchful eye on where I keep the key.

True what they say. Boys never really grow up; only their toys get more expensive.

No comments: