Sunday, October 25, 2015

Convenience

I am amazed at how small a town Pune has become again, now that I can get around on 2 wheels. As traffic grew more and more congested over the last decade, I have been tiring of doing certain things that I now realize I actually cherish. Like meeting friends for Misal-Pav and chai at a shop in the congested old town. I have even gone visiting with some friends from college who I had fallen out of touch with. Going out for dinner in the last few years has almost always meant going to a place with valet parking and I have been accumulating things to do for the weekend, by which time genuinely enjoyable stuff became part of the dreaded 'chore-list'.

When I bought the bike, I thought it would be a novelty for a few days before I went back to the cage on 4 wheels. Now however, after having tasted the convenience of getting around, I think I might stick with the bike for more than recreation. Then again, I am still in the honeymoon period of the first few days with my new toy.

No comments: