Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sales pressure

I visited my bank for some work a few days ago and someone accosted me trying to sell me some mutual fund investment. I politely declined. Today, I received a call from someone else in my branch who wished to speak with me about investment opportunities. Needless to say, the conversation was starting to veer towards this same fund. If I dig a little deeper, I might find that this fund is focused on the 'transportation' sector and I suspect airlines fall squarely within the transport sector.

One would think that by now, my relationship manager at my bank would know that I am not interested in investing in anything but index funds at least for the time being.

However, just like a Smith & Wesson beats four aces, a sales target beats relationships.

No comments: