Saturday, August 22, 2015

Alma Mater

I have been traveling again; this time on a short visit to my Alma Mater, a Well Known Institute of Management in Western India, WIMWI for short.

It was an invigorating two days, meeting with old friends and new and to meet with a few of our professors. A few of us from the class of 1999 had descended on campus to speak with the current students. One of classmates had organized an amazing Q&A format that kept the discussion alive and the audience engaged. Kudos DJ. I am looking forward to the next thing you setup for us at WIMWI.

I am humbled by the diversity of accomplishments of the people in the class of 1999. It has been an honour to have worked with these folks in those trying times.

I realized over these last two days that it is a very human need to want to belong to something. In the words of Peter Robinson, author of Snapshots from Hell, one always sees one's own school through a golden haze. Well said.


No comments: